Drawing & Painting Class
Intro to Drawing & Painting
Instructor Cindy Peterson
Daytime Class: SPRING Draw/Paint, 12 noon- 2 pm
Night Class: SPRING Draw/Paint, 6-8 pm
In this introductory class, students will learn the fundamentals of drawing and painting while working in a professional art studio. They will be introduced to the Principals of design. They will learn to look at objects and draw what they see, not what they think they see. There will be specific assignments and exercises that will explore the mind/hand connection involved in drawing. Students will be introduced to painting with acrylic on canvas pad sheets, or canvas practice boards, or regular canvases.
YOU WILL LEARN
Learn the basics of drawing.
- Draw what you see.
- Draw simple forms.
- Draw still-life by direct observation.
- Draw human anatomy.
- Gain understanding of perspective.
- Learn to use and clean brushes.
- Learn color theory.
- Create a color wheel.
- No prior art experience required.
LIST OF TOOLS
- Mars plastic eraser or kneaded eraser.
- HB premium graphite pencil and 6B-Ex soft charcoal pencil.
- Sheet of watercolor paper (22 X 30).
Drawing pads (11 X 14) & (18 X 24) sizes.
- Canvas paper pad (9 X 12 or larger) or Artists Canvas panel board AKA flat practice canvas (9 X 12 or larger)
- Liquitex brand “BASICS” 4 oz. or similar quality Acrylic Paints in Primary Yellow, Primary Red, Primary Blue, Titanium White, Mars Black, and a bottle of Medium Extender.
- Dress for a mess. Acrylic paints are water base and they will wash out of clothes.
- Best prices Quality Art Supply in Garden City phone 208 672-0530 hours are M-F 9-5.